Thursday 3 January 2013

Starting off with a Bang


How much must it must hurt the heart of our Father God when we attribute the works of satan to Him?  Jesus came to this earth to display the very heart of His Father (Luke 4:18-19) and to equip His followers to display the heart of God often through tearing down the works of the enemy.  "Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did (1 John 2:6)." His directions were clear and repetitive to His followers - "Cast out demons, heal the sick, raise the dead and preach the gospel to the poor". Very clearly Jesus made the delineation - the enemy comes to steal, kill and destroy; I have come that they may have Life and Life Abundant.  No wonder Christians are so confused as how to pray.  If I am not sure of the will of God in saving a person - from sickness, addiction, or even hell, then I am left to praying as the Muslims do - "As Allah wills".

I attended church from the time I was brought home from the hospital - usually 4 services a week and no pastor or teacher, wonderful as they were, ever suggested that I could ever do what Jesus did - I would have remembered.  I was called to be like Jesus only in His character and good deeds - only ask God to do the miraculous stuff, and hope that He did something - don't even think you could try it at home.  No blame -they were obviously never taught how to cast out demons, heal the sick or raise the dead, or they would never have kept the gospel (good news in action) from me.

I graduated after 4 years of Bible College, 2 years of Seminary with honours, from reputable and word-based schools, but not one included ANY of teaching on those directives. Again, I don't fault the professors - obviously no one taught them or they would have never kept these teachings from me.  Subsequently, for years, Kim and I led churches and never taught that you could know your authority in Christ to participate in bringing His kingdom through doing the works of Christ.  Even in the last 20 years, when our eyes were opened to the possibility, for the most part, (other than casting out demons), we still heavily relied on the ones who had special giftings in those areas.

I still don't know why Jordan wasn't healed here on earth.  As Bruce, one precious prayer warrior stated, "The death of Jordan is not ok and it probably will never be ok".  But I have now seen too many individuals who have been miraculously healed, met too many who have been raised from the dead to back up now.  And the majority were not prayed for by "professionals".  The world is waiting for the Bride of Christ to walk in outrageous acts of love and faith - because we are confident that we are soo loved and trusted with the "very same Spirit who raised Jesus from the dead".

As Kim reminds me, we can obey with results of we can obey without results.  I prefer results, but either way, I will obey.  I love that Jordan lived on earth that way.  I LOVE that Matt and Joel are still sticking their neck out and praying for strangers to experience the healing power and love of Jesus Christ.  They have moved from being my sons to being my brothers in Christ.

My heart was just full so I had to get it out - Hugs, D
ps. here is the view from the condo we are staying at - thanks to Bill and Jeanne