Thursday 19 January 2012

Step Back


Darlene: I'm soo encouraged when someone gets Plan A and shares testimonies. We overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony.


Today just stunk and Jordan was soo weary and scared and nauseous and yet still uncomplaining. We received good news that we could leave the hospital tomorrow followed by bad that we can't. If I have to be stuck in a 12 X 12 room for days on end with a teenager, I choose Jordan.

Kim: I attempted to return to work this week thinking that the roughest part was over and that Jordan would be recovering from the chemo. That wasn’t the case. He threw up many times last night and they have reconnected the IV to get more fluids into him and try to reduce the nausea. Using the crutches is amazingly painful for Jordan and his strength is gone.


So, I’m taking the rest of the month off work and cancelling all my workshops and coaching and heading back down to Vancouver tomorrow. Darlene has not been able to work at all either. So, on many levels, it feels like a step backwards.


Here is what we would like you to pray for:
that as we are taking this step backwards, we step back into Jesus – into His goodness, into His truth, into His Word, into His love and into His power. I sense His compassion as we groan. We are so thankful that we have a High Priest who sympathizes with us in our weaknesses.